phone solicitating

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by redbuckcavs, Mar 26, 2013.

1. redbuckcavs

redbuckcavs LawnSite Member
    from indiana

We spend a lot of money on advertising (radio, newspaper, flyers) but wont phone solicit for new clients. However, my customers are telling me they are getting more call then ever from Scotts --tg wanting them to switch to them ( thankfully most have told them they are happy with us:clapping:)

With the advancement in technology (gis mapping) it would be a lot easier then years ago to get the correct lawn size a pick up the phone and cold call but I never enjoy cold calling and I realize some homeowners are on the "do not call list"

has anyone tried hiring a service to do the calling? maybe pay someone just for new customers they sign up? has anyone done this and would be willing to share the "sales script" they used

2. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bump...interested.

3. i don't buy anything from people calling.

4. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

I would never give an estimate without visiting the property. In my opinion phone or door to door soliciting gets more negative than positive responses.

5. redbuckcavs

redbuckcavs LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I realize the best case scenario is to sit down with potential customer, evaluate the lawn, tell them why our company is the best and bla-bla-bla (with snow on the ground should I send my sales crew home?) meanwhile Im losing opportunities to grow by not reaching the potential customer

I have been in the industry 20 years and work very hard to grow my business ( which as grown over the years) but I think I may be missing something if I could find the right sales person. If we would cold call then I personally would do first app to evaluate the lawn and make suggestions