Phone

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bilchak, Feb 13, 2001.

1. bilchak

bilchak LawnSite Member

I'm just getting started. Right now I'm not going
    to have an office/shop, so I want to go solely with
    a wireless phone.

Is this a good idea?

I can get 400 anytime minutes and 1600 weekend/nights
    minutes for 49.99 with Sprit PCS. That is all free
    long distance as well.

Think that will work?

Thanks,
    John

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i just got a cellular a little while ago and i dont know how i did without it. 400 minutes sounds like a good deal. i dont think youll need more than that for mowing. 49.95 sounds like a fair price too. you wont regret getting a phone. youll find yourself in hundreds of places when youll need it. good luck

3. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Dillon

Dillon LawnSite Member

Check out Alltel if its in your area, I get unlimited minutes for 49.95 but it doesn't cover long distance.

5. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

You might be running a solo operation, but i would go with Nextel. Eventually get one for the house or wife. They have free incoming calls, 2way radio and pager all in one unit. weeekends can be added very cheap. and the package price are comparative to everything else. Hopefully u will have alot of incoming calls. Plus u can talk on the radio with other business that use the sytem, if u n know anybody else with them.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Nextel is just too limited in most areas they are sold. In most cases, they tell you how much they have improved, when in all reality, they only work in a about a third of the the places you need them to. Many people I know that have them (or had) are going back to cellular. They just aren't worth the money.

7. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i have had my nextel for about 6 months now. i have the unlimited plan. $99 a month for unlimited minutes, i have nothing but good things to say about nextel and their service..

8. bilchak

bilchak LawnSite Member

LoneStar Lawn,

I already own a Sprint PCS for personal use and I just
    love it. I have had no problems at all with my
    Sprint phone or the service.

I hunted around some more and can now get 400 anytime and 1000 nights/weekends with Verizon for 39.99 a month. That
    includes a free phone and activation.

John

9. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have had the service for awhile then ...go for it..you won't get a better deal, but from experience their service stinks..wait until you have your first problem then see what they do.

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Lots of deals always going on, check around!