1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kyle Carter, May 27, 2002.

1. Kyle Carter

Kyle Carter LawnSite Member

How many of you guys use more than 1 number on your bussiness cards? On mine I have office, cell., and fax. Believe it or not my father said this might be considered unprofessional.:blob1:
  2. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

we do the same but do to the magic of call forwarding they will be able to get in touch by dailing any number on the card..
  3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Listing your numbers is not unprofessional. It makes you accessible, unless you don't answer any of the numbers.
  4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

How would he think it's unprofessional?
  5. Always Green

Always Green LawnSite Member

God I hope it's not unprofessional I just looked we have 5 on ours,one line 732 area code
    one fax (732)
    one line (609)
    one Fax(609)
    one line(800)
  6. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Unprofessional ??

Oh... oh.... I'm in trouble NOW.....
  7. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Contact info is important, the more points of access the better!
  8. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

We list phone and fax. The office can then page or call the foreman if it's prudent to get them a message immediately.

We keep our cell numbers in house only - last thing I want is the customer calling the foreman on his cell phone in the middle of the day disturbing the work that is being done - making requests, which the office doens't then know about. If we then fall short of an expectation, because we never knew the request had been made... we'd have trouble. All phone calls come through the office and are then "routed" to the appropriate person.

Each foreman has a company email account - and those are monitored from time to time to make sure nothing is missed with the customers.
  9. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

my business cards have the company number, and my cell phone number. my employers have the company number, and his cell phone number.
  10. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

On a business card, you want the customer to be assured they have reasonable access to you.
    People like to work with people that are easy to get ahold of.

On the side of trucks...
    .... different story... saw a guy yesterday with his name, phone (home phone I presume) cellular phone and pager number printed on the side of his truck.
    Gave a cheesy image.