Phones

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Schrock Lawns, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting my business license next year a d don't relly want to put my personal cell or should I spend the extra 25 a month to get a cheep phone just for business
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KandMlawncare

KandMlawncare LawnSite Member

Personally we just use one cell phone for both business and personal.

3. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I use my cell for both. I couldnt keep up with two phones and id mix them up anyways.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. branchoutshrub

branchoutshrub LawnSite Member

We use our personal phones for business too. Makes it very simple.

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Several years ago I had 2 phones and it sucked, I liked my personal better and wound up calling cutomers on it then they started calling me back on it. It was just something else to carry around. I now save everyone's name and number and answer the ones I want depending on what's going on. Most of my customers aren't calling at off times. I think the worst has been around 830 or so at night.

6. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

I've tried it both ways, and I prefer using just one phone too! I have a very loud, specific ring tone just for customers so I can tell when a customer is calling and it's loud enough to hear when I'm on a mower.

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

just one phone. im actaully in my way to get my new phone hooked up. finally got rid of my blackberry and bought an iphone 4.

8. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

I use my personal but i also have an 800 number that is forwarded to my cell.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

thata kid, iphone is where it's at...you and i agree on this...what we don't agree on is the fact that you sold that '08 super duty!!!...i understand tho, you bought a cummins...

10. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

it depends on how big you are...we are not huge but big enough to get around 5 calls a day...i do absolutely hate having two phones tho...and our business phone itself sucks, just a cheap flip phone, sucks having to go from that to my personal iPhone...i am planning on just having the bus. phone number forwarded to my cell...if you have an iphone tho you can check out google voice...pretty sure you can have two different numbers on one phone...just keep in mind one day you might want to shut your business life down every now and then, so having two numbers could be smart if you don't want to jeopardize your personal line...