Photo from the IA Show in San Antonio

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Dec 2, 2009.

1. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

EPA is definitely out in force here. There was an EPA employee in my LIA class to learn about auditing. Her main objective here is to push the Water Sense program and get contractors signed up for that.

I may have overlooked it but I didn't see Calsense anywhere. They aren't in the program either.

2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I didn't see calsense either. Walked the floor for almost five hours, spoke to some vendors, noticed moisture sensors are being pushed everywhere.
    Saw some interesting two-wire controllers but the price of the system may be a bit more than I can get my clients to use. Bunch of curmudgeonly builders who still lament the day aluminum beer cans were introduced.
    Spoke with the water sense people, that looks a bit interesting.

3. Bruiser

Bruiser LawnSite Member

haha... I saw that picture and thought to myself, dang, that name sure sounds familiar.

4. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Underhill and Weathermatic are probably the least expensive two wire systems on the market that I have seen.
    I've worked with the Weathermatic SL two wire system and it seems to be holding up pretty well.
    Have yet to try the Underhill two wire system, although their 160' radius rotor and 3" electric sleeve valve (with less than 1.5 psi pressure loss at 300 gpm) looked pretty impressive.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

More patting self on back, as usual.

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

More Jealousy, as usual. :rolleyes:

:):):)

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, you're at I.A and I'm not. Say hello to Bill Smillie @ Irritrol.

8. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Hmmm, he does look more respectable with a mustache!

tape.png

9. The RB folks were nice. Had one girl that didn't roll her eyes at my questions about hooking a sensor to a SMT. They did come to Jim's defense when I said he was the biggest RB suck up in the United States.

10. No Rush

No Rush LawnSite Member

I just returned from the show (my first); walked from noon til 6:00pm. There was a lot to see and noticed many companies with weather stations and ET based systems. Overall I would say it was a great day in San Antonio. We are expecting snow tomorrow in the Great State of Texas.