1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Photo from the IA Show in San Antonio

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Dec 2, 2009.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

texasgrassguy,

2 yrs. ago i was at a goldline siminar in sacramento, ca. for teh. support. at that time a few of the service companies were working with a "central service management, wireless controller." in a nutshell they had a computer link with the controller and were able to monitor the water chemistry from the office, it was a way for the service company to adjust the salt generator/chlorine/bromine levels without sending a tech to the site.
    even with this tehnology they still had to show up once a week to clean the skimmer baskets and give the pool the human once over. i don't see any controller ever replacing the walkthrough needed to visualy inspect an irrigation system or swimming pool

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto that; spelling correction n/c.

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

many mahalo

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Good point on the per hydrozone SMS, which in an ideal world is the best way to go. That said, using 1-2 SMS's and making adjustments based on hydrozone requirements is no different in practice than any ET controller.
    If you don't have the ability/money to use a SMS per hydrozone, then the best option IMO is a mixed approach, SMS with ET calculations. This does not necessarily mean you need to use a ET based controller in order to do this.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Hmmm, yes, there is no real way to completely automate a mechanical system is there?

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i sense the wheels turning in your highly educated noodle, maybe there is?

7. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Humans will figure out a way to do it. And then the mechanical system will figure out a way to undo it.

Ummm, I think I posted this in the irrigation forum instead of the OMigation forum. :dizzy:

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

nice rack that robot has....does it have a sister?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

As many as you want. One for each side?