PHOTOS - A little project we've been working on....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JimLewis, Aug 31, 2008.

1. VASTscapes Landscaping

VASTscapes Landscaping LawnSite Member

That is some beautiful work there. i cant wait till i get outta school soo i can do some amazing work like this...keep it up

2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, well they have plenty of money. But I imagine most of it's tied up in high-yield investments. So it's not a matter of money. It's just a matter of how much of it do they want to pull out of investment funds and then possibly pay penalties or service fees to take it out. They appear to still be spending on lots of other stuff though this year, including trips. But you're probably right. Probably did have to put off some other big purchases for this. I am glad they did! :)

3. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, anyone being negative on this project i would tell them to get fuc*ked and go kick there as*. That has to be one of the nicest projects i have seen on this and other sites all year. I don't give a crap about something irregular or up side down. Very nice work and thank you for the time you spent in up loading pics and answering questions. This is what this site is about. :clapping:
    Mike

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well thank you very much. I just hope it helps us get more jobs like this in the future. This year was a pretty rough year for us. Landscape construction jobs were a lot harder to land this year. If it hadn't have been for this job, our sales would definitely be off for the year. So I am hoping the photos on our website from this job will help us get more like it next year, even if the economy is still rotten.

5. Spartan Pride

Spartan Pride LawnSite Member

One of the nicest jobs I've ever seen by far...

It's actually really similar to something I will be installing at my parents house in the spring, except a little smaller.

6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Jim that looks awesome. One thing that really stood out was the placement of boulders inside the paver patio in the back. You all did an excellent job on recessing them just the right amount to look like they are coming out of the ground, and not just set there.

Wonderful.

We start a project similar to that (scope and cost wise) this winter, I'm excited.