Photos: About Time!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jrebeiro, Apr 18, 2001.

1. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

2. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good!!!! but walk behinds...ughhh Good luck!

3. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

I like your trailer/shop. Looks good!

4. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

jrebeiro, nice set up. The turf is looking awesome. Keep up the good work.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I like those plastic bins. Good idea!

6. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

The bins are made by Akro Mils. We bought them from Grainger. They keep all our irrigation fittings nice and neat. They also deal with bumps very well... we jumped a few curbs on a few tight turns and only one fitting ever fell out since we installed them 2 months ago. They work really well... The style of bins are called louvred bins.

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

What type fasteners did you use to install your trimmer rack? I need to modify the one I cut off my open trailer and attach it to the wall of my enclosed. You did go into steel didn't you?

I worked on organizing mine today but I'm not quite satisfied yet. The bin idea looks good and so does trimmer rack.

8. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

looks great, i also like the trimmer rack. Nice set up.

9. Grapevine

Grapevine LawnSite Member

It still baffles me how many guys are in this without at least a 1 ton Dump truck. Do you not take accounts that require you to remove the clippings ? What if the customer wants Mulch ? I'm in Mass and it's rare to see anyone in this with just a pickup.

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Actually a lot of us wonder why you would take clippings when they can be left behind to naturally decompose in the lawn. Clippings from <i>grass</i> do not contribute to thatch and decompose quickly. Also it is cheaper to leave the clippings behind. You don't spend time loading them and you save on tipping (dump) fees ($65.00 a ton plus the time and gas to drive there). The only places that get bagged around here are at the retirement community where the yards are 500 sq ft or less. Picky old people.

Mulch, that's easy. Take the mowers off of the trailer and load the trailer and the truck up.