1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Photo's and video of my new equipment!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by smalley360, Nov 30, 2006.

1. smalley360

smalley360 LawnSite Member

2. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

nice machine, i have never seen one that small but it looks agile...you'll get more efficent with the backhoe as you gain more experience...and i might think pulling it with something bigger then an Xterra
  3. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool shots! I don't know man, I think you might lose some digging power with your new set-up compared to the old hoe!:laugh: I also don't know why you didn't get a cab for those cold Hawaii winters!:D I'm just jealous of where you live. I'm not sure where Makawao is, but I went to Maui on my honeymoon, and Hawaii's got to be the most beautiful place on Earth! Everybody is friendly too.

Anyway, that's a nice little rig you have. You look pretty versatile with all the attachments and hopefully that will help to keep you busy in slow times. I'm sure you can get by with the Xterra, but I would try to get a 3/4 ton + truck eventually to pull it. Maybe that lifted Dodge in the background (Only if it's Cummins powered! Otherwise, go Chevy!:drinkup: )
  4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

5. smalley360

smalley360 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys,

The Xterra is a temp setup which gets the job done so far but it is at the max of it's capacity. If you zoom the photo of the garage shot you might be able to see the red 1948 Chevy Load master 2 ton dually which is in the pre paint stage. The crate next to it on the right of the pic is a 383 stroker crate engine to power it since the orriginal 6 cyl just died. I hope it all comes together soon before the wifes Xterra gives out.