1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Photos - Arbel Patio We Just Completed

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JimLewis, Jul 12, 2009.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a patio we just finished using the Arbel Pavers. Just thought I'd share a few photos.......

Here is what the area looked like when we began......

2. JimLewis

Here are some after photos......

PatioA (2).jpg

3. JimLewis

Sorry. We were still in the process of cleaning when I shot that second photo.....I wanted to get a few shots in before it was wet.....
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  4. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

looks good Jim.
    I like the pebbles against the arbel.
  5. JimLewis

Yah, that's the border of the water feature we installed.....

6. JimLewis

Here is a photo of that....

7. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

One heck of an improvement.
  8. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, how many times to you tamp poly sand into the joints? The level looks quite low to me, common problem when you let the water settle the sand instead of the tamper and gravity.
  9. JimLewis

Well, we typically add sand again after the first watering. Those wet photos were taken before we added more sand. We usually add a little more after the first watering in places where it looks low. But I am not sure the Arbel pavers look good with sand filled all the way to the tops anyway. I think it looks a little more like natural flagstone to have the sand be a tad lower anyway. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, if there's a better way, I am always open learning how to do something better. We've only been doing pavers for a couple years. And the first year we didn't do too many. You tamp it with what?
  10. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Looks nice Jim! I am over on the lighting forum more often than here. I see you added some lights in your design. What type of wall light did you use? Is it an Integral, Vista or?
    If you don't mind what did your lighting system consist of?
    Thanks for sharing the pics!