1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Photos from a recent job

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JimLewis, Oct 17, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Here's a job I thought turned out pretty nice. We installed the flagstone patio and the water feature pictured here;

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Very natural looking. Nice work.
  3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Top quality Jim! I love it!

4. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Very nice as usual with your work. We know you took some more pics....
  5. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

well planned out, and it shows. nice job
  6. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Very very nice job!!!!
  7. JimLewis

8. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

very nice work Jim
  9. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice. Is that a pond less water fall?
  10. JimLewis

Yes and No. It's a Hybrid. It isn't totally pondless. Unfortunately, you can't see it from these photos. You also can't see all of the shelves the waterfall has either. It starts back behind that Rhodie and makes several turns before it gets to the bottom. So it was difficult to get a shot of the entire water feature. But there are like 5 drops or shelves in all.

After 3 of those drops, we installed small pools of water. They are shallow - just 3" or 4" deep. But pools nonetheless. It makes the waterfall have a little deeper, more natural sound than a 100% pondless one does.

I've been doing these Hybrid features for the last 3 or 4 we did. They are kind of the best of both worlds. I don't like ponds because of the maintenance, fish care, and liability. And the one disadvantage to pondless is when the water hits just rocks instead of a pool of water, it doesn't sound quite the same. So this hybrid is a concept we finally came up with. It has most of the benefits of pondless (low-maintenance, low liability, no fish) and all of the sound of a full on water feature with a pond.