Photos from another project

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by JimLewis, Oct 17, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Here's the project we just finished last Friday. We installed the water feature and the flagstone patio pictured.

It's difficult to see from the photos but there are actually 3 different pools of water in this one. It's mostly pondless except for those 3 shallow pools which made it a little more natural looking and added depth to the sound of the falls.

http://www.lewislandscape.com/photos/gallery/Thornton-Project-2007

2. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, great job, as always. Looks like I need to schedule another trip to Beaverton this winter and meet you in person. We could run up to Mt Hood and ski- snowboard, last time My wife and I were in Beaverton she took a spill last run down the mountain and tore her rotator Cuff and was out for 6 months recovering. My brother in-law was born and raised there, he moved to Kentucky 2 years ago, to help with the family Landscaping business.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Jim,
    Nice job....How many gallons of water is flowing in the pictures? What pump are you using and is it pumping at full capacity? The falls look like they have good volum. I have started reading about water features in hopes of putting one in my back yard someday. Thanks.
    Gene

4. JimLewis

WGP95 by Little Giant (Watermark). Pumps 4850 GPH. And yes, that's open full bore.

5. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

looks very natural coming from behind the shrubs like that. i like how the rhododendron is hanging over the falls

very nice

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

looks very natural....
    great job.

7. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

Jim nice project. What size hose did you use from the pump outlet? I know the outlet is 1.25" on the wgp95. Did you use 1.25" hose or a larger size hose?

8. JimLewis

We used a 1.5" flex PVC pipe.

9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

excellent work as usual jim... did you work any magic with lighting for it ? Rememeber there is nothing against hiding underwater lights in the rocks around your falls out of view

10. JimLewis

Thanks.

No, I didn't do any lighting there. It's a tough sell, lighting. To do even a small lighting job there on their patio and water feature probably would be been in the $2000 range. I think they were already at the top of their budget with what we did. I feel bad getting them all exciting about lighting (knowing they're thinking in their mind it won't cost too much) and then after I get them excited and show them the price, they're usually like, "Oh....well...uh.... we don't quite have that much in our budget. We didn't realize it cost that much. We were thinking maybe a couple hundred dollars...." and then I've just wasted a bunch of time.

There are customers who I feel can afford lighting. And I always try to upsell them on it. But I think many of the people we do work for don't quite have enough extra $$ to afford it. This was a $400,000 home, dual income with several kids. I think this was about the limit to what they could afford to do this year.