Photos of A Recent Job

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JimLewis, Aug 6, 2011.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I haven't been around Lawnsite much this year. Too busy working. We've grown by over 50% in sales over last year and last year was a record year. We grew last year by over $500,000 (45%). This year's growth has been even more. It's been non stop work every day. All season. Crazy.....

Anyway, here's a recent job. These photos are mostly of the hardscape, since that's the forum I'm in. But the whole back yard was taken down to bare dirt on the first day. We installed pretty much everything in these photos. Plants, trees, steps, lawn, irrigation, lighting....

Thought I'd throw you guys a bone and post a few photos for once......

Parker01.jpg

Parker03.jpg

Parker05.jpg

Parker06.jpg

Parker08.jpg

2. JimLewis

A few more photos of the project....

ParkerE.jpg

ParkerN.jpg

Column.jpg

3. JimLewis

And here are some photos of the rest of the landscape.....

ParkerC.jpg

ParkerQ.jpg

Parker10.jpg

Parker11.jpg

ParkerA.jpg

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

That's ok Jim, no need to xplain your absentism. I think a letter just went out to you stating we're going to have to demote your rank here.

Where's the step's handrails?

Also, the pavers. Go back to all the topics in this hardscape forum. I have a topic about Nicolock's Stone Ridge having too many little pavers. By "little" I was referring to pavers that are almost 4x8's. I had stated that most manufacturers all buy the same molds.

Well, anyway - the pavers in your pics look close to the pavers in the topic I was referring to. And I'm seeing alotta 4x8ish pavers! Looks like what I'm talking bout in my other thread.

Some of the planting is disportioned. Like the 2 barberrys round the tree - not the best use of the space, doesn't do much. And I see some other plants that need better grouping and arranging. Other than the steps with no rails, I like it. And for the record, we're about to do a job with railless steps, too :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  5. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

Grrr! Gnaw! Grr! Gnaw! Gnaw! Grr! Ruf!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  6. JimLewis

Well, you may not dig it but my customers are loving that pattern. I always show people a variety of patterns from patios we've done to see what they like. I get 3x more requests for that pattern than any other one I've done. It's just a Muster K pattern with 50% of the 8x8 squares being replaced by 4x8s instead. Breaks it up more. The use of 3 sizes, rather than 2, is more interesting to most people. It appears more random than the regular Muster K pattern does.

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

Jim,
    Congrats on a nice job also congrats on growing the business...what do you attribute the substanial growth to this year and last?
    Steve
    PS in the 8th pic down it looks like you did a nice job of scribing the pavers to the column

8. JimLewis

Thanks Steve.

I'll P.M. you on what's causing all the growth. That's more information than I like to let out in general public. Too many of my competitors reading this forum...

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Beautiful work Jim.

Congrats on the business growth. You definitly have a good business plan

10. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Pm me also please, besides doing nice work I would also like to hear what you have done to gain more business. We almost doubled in size in the last two summers and Im considering droping the maintenance side because its been a real strugle for me to find good employees to cut fricken grass. :dizzy: Everything looks good Jim!