PHOTOS - SynLawn® (Synthetic Turf) Installation

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JimLewis, May 20, 2011.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Here are some photos from a SynLawn® job we just completed today. Please give me a few minutes to post all the photos before replying.

Here is what it looked like Monday morning at 8:30 a.m.

BEFORE PHOTOS:

FinstadBeforeA.jpg

FinstadBeforeB.jpg

FinstadBeforeC.jpg

FinstadBeforeD.jpg

FinstadBeforeE.jpg

2. JimLewis

a few more before photos:

FinstadBeforeF.jpg

FinstadBeforeG.jpg

3. JimLewis

And here is what it looked like today (job was completed at 12:00 noon. 3.5 Days)

AFTER PHOTOS:

FinstadAfterB.jpg

FinstadAfterDuskB.jpg

FinstadAfterDuskC.jpg

FinstadAfterDuskE.jpg

FinstadAfterDuskG.jpg

4. JimLewis

here are a few more after photos:

FinstadAfterDuskH.jpg

FinstadAfterDuskI.jpg

FinstadAfterDuskJ.jpg

FinstadAfterDuskL.jpg

FinstadAfterG.jpg

5. JimLewis

this is the final after photo:

FinstadAfterH.jpg

6. Cam.at.Heritage

Cam.at.Heritage LawnSite Member

What? No stripes?? Haha, looks good.... I personally would have tried to incorporate a bed along that massive wall to try and scale it down, I can see you have a bed in at the one side but a little more wouldn't hurt.

And why the steep slope at the walkway area?? Its not like he has to get a mover up there, haha. Why not just do steps??

7. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Once again Jim, you guys do outstanding work!!

8. JimLewis

The client has been dealing with soggy, wet, muddy heavy clay soil (grass not growing well, plants dying, etc.) in a fairly shady back yard for years and is sick of it. They really aren't good at maintenance of any sort and don't really have any desire to maintain plants or lawn. So that's why no planting bed there by the rock wall.

As for the ramp, that was already there. And they just wanted it to be turf. I did actually suggest that. But they have young kids. I think nice soft turf is more appealing to them than hard concrete or rock steps that little toddlers would easily get injured on. Plus, this stuff is hella expensive. So they pretty much blew their whole budget on just the turf.

The one large area that isn't turf is going to be raised garden boxes that will just be used in the summer. Otherwise, that would have been turf too.

9. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

Where's the windmill and ball return basket?

10. JimLewis

Haha. Funny guy. This wasn't put-put mini golf. But you could almost put on this turf. Almost short enough....but not quite.