Photos

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by David Hartzog, Mar 20, 2008.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I got a call to bid on a sod job the tractor work will be done and i am trying to find out how much do i charge to lay sod, labor only. They are preping and buying sod.
    i'd think there will be over 12 pallets.
    give me high end and low end please.

David Hartzog:)

P3190156.jpg

P3190155.jpg

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Well, how many square feet is it? How much will the sod cost you per yard? How far will you have to go to pick it up?

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Lay sod only. 3 guys should be able to do that my 2pm.

so after you finish that, what are you going to do for the rest of the day?
    I would charge them what ever you want to make a day for 3 guys.
    Even $100 per pallet would work for me.

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

$50 per pallet would be the low end and $100 per pallet would be the high end. That job would take 12 man hours.

5. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Thank you for your help.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

12 ma hours?! for 12 pallots? comeon... ours get marked up 100 per pallot. we could lay 12 in about 4-5 hours. probably sooner.

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

You do understand what a man hour is don't you? I would price it for 12 man hours... from leaving the shop till cutting the sod, rolling the sod, and the drive back.

Pricing over the internet is irrelevant. Cost of living is varied everywhere, so will the labor costs.

8. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

We charge 48 cents a square foot layed.

RCGM
    Brad

9. loupiscopolandscaping

loupiscopolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

id charge $300 a pallet. i get about $400 a pallet if i have to purchase it. so whats the difference if they get it?? the labor is the same.lol $100 bucks a pallet??lol what r we monkeys?? lol most services charge $75-$100 an hr.... mechanics, electrians....and they take their time.... if you took your time how long would it take you to move and lay a pallet?? 3 hrs?? no, but you cant low ball.... 3 guys 12 pallets figure 1 long day... i guess if you want to make $700 bux the day then charge $100 a pallet. but if ur a legal business after payroll, insurance, i cant profit anyless the $1,500-$2000 for the day... if it will be a maintenance-fert. account then low ball it and make your money that way, but for a 1 shot deal, and esp. if ur a busy company then DEF.! no less then $200 a pallet!

10. loupiscopolandscaping

loupiscopolandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

plus whos taking the pallets?? do you have to discard them? think about it.... plus you and i know the grading will need touch up. just dont low ball and screw yourself, let ricky ricardo across the tracks with no overhead do it. lol