Pic of moles - ruining my recently renovate lawn.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by 1966vette, Nov 6, 2010.

1. 1966vette

1966vette LawnSite Member

Pic of moles - ruining my recently renovate lawn.
    Check out these pics;
    I got frustrated today & I flooded three tunnels. The hose ran for 5 min before the tunnel was full but I did not see a single mole. Thus, these unwanted moles must be an extensive tunneling system ungrounded.
    I’m currently watering the area where the moles are to get the soil soft so I can roll it flat & than cut it short to identify the tunnels & replace the traps.
    A guy @ work told me to try antifreeze in the hole. I’m trying to grow a lawn not protect an engine from freezing.
    Another guy told me to try chewing gum.
    I tried the worms w/o much luck. You never know if you killed the dam thing & I still have the moles so I have to assume it did not work.
    I have (3) traps & plan to purchase (2) more to increase my change of kill these unwanted pests.
    Any help w/ be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Andy

DSC06995.jpg

DSC07001.jpg

DSC07002.jpg

DSC07003.jpg

DSC06999.jpg

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

A six-pack, a lawn chair, and a shovel.

Take a Sunday and sit and watch the hills. As soon as one moves, dig the sucker up.

I've never tried Talprid, but some say it works.

3. JD2320

JD2320 LawnSite Member

Why do you have two traps five feet apart on the same trail?

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

damn, looks like pocket gophers more than moles, sure you after the right varmit

5. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a shotgun! You will be aerating at the same time

6. achezmn

achezmn LawnSite Member

I've had success with a product called mole max. I'm not sure why it works, it just does. I apply 2 times a year and it keeps them out of my yard. it usually costs around $15 a bag.