pic of mow job and need advice please.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jd-dave, Jun 20, 2006.

1. jd-dave

jd-dave LawnSite Member

Im new to the striping and Im in the process of bying a john deere striper and just want some feed back from some pros on my work...I havent striped my yard yet but im going tomarow to see if I can buy a striper

here is my front yard kinda looks striped
    [​IMG]
    heres another pic and some of the land scaping I did to my house
    [​IMG]
    my lawn mower... its pretty good but I need to adjust the deck because it cuts uneven and I dont know how to do it... any tips?
    [​IMG]
    heres an 42" wide 18" tall striper Im thinking about buying and I need tips also on what the best way to strip my lawn would be
    [​IMG]
    thanks a lot. Im only 16 but Im thinking about going into a lawn bussiness when I get older

2. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

check your tire pressure to make sure that they are what they are supposed to be. and make sure the fronts a equal and the backs are both equal. that is always whats wrong with my mowers when they start to cut uneven.

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Your not getting nice stripes because your lawn isn't a lush green, strong base. Go get some scott's fert. and watch your stripes improve.

4. jd-dave

jd-dave LawnSite Member

I didnt use a striper on my lawn the stripes just come from my mowers tires... Ill post some pis when I get my jd striper. thanks.

5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Thats not a striper, its a lawn roller.

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

thank you! it has to do more with the type of grass and the way your cutting deck is set up than anything else. Because of the way my deck is set up i don't need a striper and i can lay some pretty nice stripes. If you want stripes so badly, go get a comm. WB. Youll end up ruining stripes IMO with all the turning around at the end of the rows with that mower. Not trying to be harsh, just sharing my opinion.

7. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

i've got an old L1-- model, the longer the grass- the worse the cut. I'm not sure if its just not standing the grass up very well before it cuts it or what. I've adjusted everything there is to adjust, almost have to double cut because of the quality of the cut, but it does stripe fairly well. Good luck.

8. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

That JD will stripe with the correct grasses. I know because I owned one, the L130. I got that thing to stripe great, on par with my Z, but you have to have the correct conditions to do so.

9. jd-dave

jd-dave LawnSite Member

I went to the john deere place today and the guy told me that he uses a high lift blade (I have mulching blades) that makes strips but he said that he will cause a lot of wind and stuff and it will through rocks so its good to get a bagger.

10. jd-dave

jd-dave LawnSite Member

[​IMG]
    I just bought this off the net for $100 and free s&h says it will lay beautiful stripes... I hope so