Pic of My Rig

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FreshCuts, May 25, 2004.

1. FreshCuts

FreshCuts LawnSite Member

Here is a couple of pics of my set up. Before I get blasted about the Murray, I only used it on 2 jobs that have a bunch of gumball trees and very little grass under them and mosty weeds and sticks and blades are much ceaper for it since I already had several sets. I also used it on one that has a fenced in aread with a 48" gate. I have used it 3 times to pull the mighty Gravely from the mud. It does much better in muddy areas. I am doing this part time right now trying to grow the buisness. The Gravely was the new addition this year bacause of mostly rural areas that I mostly work in have big open lots. Now I have begun to get calls from small city lots so I bought the 21" Toro. I hope to buy a 36" walkbehind next year if things progress. Enough babbling here are the pics.

rig1.jpg

2. FreshCuts

My trailer set up. The trailer is muti-use trailer. The sides are removable that makes it a flat bed for use as a car hauler or what ever I might need. It tilts to help unload mulch gravel or what ever. I use ramps for equipment instead of a gate because my tractor and bush hog hangs about a 18" off the back. If things keep progressing I plan on going to an enclosed trailer to cut down on storage in my shop.

rig2.jpg

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice setup.

You need a drop gate on that trailer though!

4. FreshCuts

Thanks. I edited the post above about the trailer. It explains the missing drop gate. The rear gate swings open either direction.

5. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

You can build a removable ramp with pipe for a sleeve and bar stock for the hinge pin. Thats what I made for mine. I can take pics if you need to see it.

Andy

6. FreshCuts

Makeing isnt a prob. I have made plenty. The ramps are stored under the rear of the trailer and they work fine for now. I might change it later but the takeing the gate off and on looks like too much of a hassle at this point.

7. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

FreshCuts, I like the removable sides on the trailer, looks like that could really come in handy! Just wondering, how much would something like that cost? It look really sturdy.

8. FreshCuts

Dont know how much it would cost. I built it years ago and just added the expanded metal sides. It used to have removable wood sides but they gave it up last year. I figure I have about a $1000 in materials and the way they have gone up lately it would prob cost about $2000 or more to reproduce it. It has a steel floor. Very easy to get musch, gravel, or what ever out of it.

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

the trailer looks very much like the trailers we use for our race cars. The trailers we have are about 3500-4500 but they're very strong and all diamond plate.

Nice rig by the way!

10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi FreshCuts,

Nice looking truck :)