1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pic of Striping with my 1982 Cub Cadet tractor

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ryebread211, Mar 27, 2011.

1. ryebread211

ryebread211 LawnSite Member

w/ my homemade boat roller attachment

lawn striping.jpg

2. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good, how about some pics of the mower and roller

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You must have been so excited with the stripes, you had to get a pic before you even finished. LOL Rolling the stripes will give great results. They look nice. Now edge that curb and walk and blow it off. Then take another pic. :D

4. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold LawnSite Senior Member

Good advice Greg!

5. dougdm

dougdm LawnSite Member

How are you able to mow in MD. We just recieved another 5 inches of snow last night. Some of the onions are still poking through the snow. That is all that I can see of any yards around here.

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Balt. Md. didn't get any snow. Last week it was close to t-shirt weather in that area.

7. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold LawnSite Senior Member

Look at the PIC closely, see the trees with all the leaves in the background, no way it's even from this year!

8. Robert Pruitt

Robert Pruitt LawnSite Senior Member

First thing i noticed.still looks good.how do you lift the roller when turning on the driveway?

9. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually the weather has been nice here i'm about 45 mins south of him, and i cut my yard two weeks ago. My rhoderins are in bloom, leaves on alot of the trees. Then today we got snow the weather has just been weird.

10. ryebread211

ryebread211 LawnSite Member

sorry guys.. from last year. i got the idea off of this site.. basically a tube with boat trailer rollers on it... it works great but backing up can sometime be a pain in the arse.

my grass in my front year is prob 5 inches and my cub has a 5 rusted out holes in the mower deck. looking at the hustler sport to replace it and keep cub for plowing.