Pic(s) of cat 215

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Apr 23, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Picked this up today for a rent/demo trial for this month. I'm looking at picking somthing up like this to run around the nursery. Thought I'd snap a pic, I'll get some more later when the crew puts it to work. Brought it home today and put one of our combo buckets on it and put some soil in our potting trailer. so far so good.

IMG_0129.jpg

2. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

What kinda truck is that in the picture? Looks like it can handle that gooseneck perfect. A lot better than seeing a load and trailer like that behind a dually, very dangerous. You can probally get into a JCB cheaper, would be good to try and compare them. Tell us what you think of that machine. We have a John Deere telehandler on the farm and couldn't run the farm without it. Here is a video of it working in the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgSG9DOJG88

3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

hahaha BIGBEN...nice music??

4. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds more like cotton pickin music!:laugh::laugh:

5. BrandonV

its a c7500 with cat motor, air brakes and suspension and my favorite part... An ef 10 speed

6. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry about the cotton picking comment. I did not realize that it could be considered racist. My parents used to always say "turn down that cotton pickin music", when I was younger. I still can't stand rap garbage, at least my post didn't mention killing anyone of any sort or color, or having relations with one's progenitors! I guess I was just raised differently!:confused:

7. BrandonV

well we've had it for a couple of days now. pretty much love it, only complaints would be the joy stick is a little firm, but I'm thinking the newer ones might be electric over hyd so that'll solve that problem. also it like anything takes some getting used to. It is a hoss though, getting through the fields w/ no problem and its proving to be great at loading w/ (as pictured w/ my truck) because you don't have to get up on the trailer as close, like w/ our traditional loaders. This particular unit has foam filled tired, which though is nice for the aspect of no flats, I think I'll pass because I think it makes it a bit rougher ride than I would want, but it'll move none the less. one of my guys kept saying how rough it rode, till I explained that you don't have to have the pedal to the floor all the time. It goes MUCH faster, much quicker than you it feels. Can't really appreciate the speed when you're in the cab, but if you're watching like I did you'll see it scoots.

IMG_0134.jpg

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Nice rig, that trailer is sweet. What type of coupler does the Cat have?

9. BrandonV

just like our 287b so buckets, augers and everything else will work as well

10. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

My brother posted it on their and he picked the music. I asked him what was he thinking, I thought it sounded like crap.:laugh: