1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pick My New Lawn Mowers Please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MCGRAIL LAWN, Jul 2, 2003.

1. OK

Right now I have 2 33" sutech Stealths. Commercial Want a bees
    It has no steering control

I am planning on buying a 36" and a 48"
    with baggers and a velke.

I liked the eXmarks but I am not to crazy about that dealer
    I did find a BOB CAT dealer I like

So please give me your opinion on what I should buy

Thanks In Advance For The Help
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Bring Him Or Her A Coffey. And Get One Of these.

3. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

I see you are in oak forrest ,take a little drive over to doltan to bonanza power equipment .Bill the owner is a great guy .Look at the scags and bobcats he sells.
  4. OK people 205 veiws and only 2 replys.

Come on just say you mower of choice and why.

Thank You
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Only 2 replies because this question has been asked and answered thousands of times here. Just remove the name Bobcat and insert another name. The answer is always the same....
  6. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

My advice would be to research online and narrow down your list to 3-4 then either demo through dealers (which also gives you a good opportunity to feel a dealer out) or find people that own them (if possible) and see for yourself how they cut and how they ride and everything you like or dislike about them. I have figured out in my search for a ZTR that you will get 100 opinions on this site (which is great) but it still doesn't mean you will feel the same way about the same mower that the poster does. My Great Dane Surfer has served me well but now that I am looking to go fulltime I want something with a nicer cut and less footprint (ZTR).
    If I wanted another Wb I would be looking at the Turf Tracer and the Hustler Hydro Walkbehind. I hear good things about the Wright Standers as well but as I weigh 250lbs I know the footprint that all that combined weight on WB tires leaves on the turf and I am trying to get away from it. Good luck!
  7. narly1_2000

narly1_2000 LawnSite Member

Keep the Sutech. It takes ahile to get the steering right but after awhile it lays a great cut
  8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Cub Commercial:)
  9. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

Mcgrail lawn

All around here in our area 9 and 3/4 out of 10 walkbehinds are scag.
    Yop see a few bobcats a few exmarks .If i were you id seriously consider scag.
    There are a slew of dealers around and most stock parts for scag out the @$$.

10. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

Well what ever mower style you choose make sure you get one with a floating deck for ease of hight adjustment