Pick my new mower for around $6000.00

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fivestarlawnken, Jun 6, 2003.

1. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Need help guys:D I'm looking at the 48 inch Scag cub rider and the 50 inch Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle.The above machines are around $6000.00. I currrently mow approx 12 acres in a five day span with a 48 walkbehind( IM TIRED ). I look to downsize in the near future and keep the accounts I really want. I wish the budget was larger but justifing anymore is out of the question right now.THANKS:blob4:

2. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Why not simply save yourself 5,600 and put a proslide on your w/b?

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

C'mon man... that's only 2.4 acres per day and you're only 26. :p

I agree.. get a pro-slide/velke...

4. fivestarlawnken

Already have a sulky. Alot of it is the wear and tear my body and iI want the wife to be able to mow our yard( I NEVER FIND TIME).Other factors is the 14 hp on hills is a little weak. I also want to get done a little quicker.BLAH BLAH:rolleyes:

5. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

Ya, you can save 10 minutes on yard, but think how many times you will have to mow for "free" just to pay your mower off.

6. fivestarlawnken

I have two accounts that are over two acres a piece these wear me out. Most of my other accounts are an acre or close.I've put in many hours on a rider z turn and I know the diff it can make.:rolleyes:

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I used to ride a sulky and then a velke.. I preferred the latter. If you haven't used a velke or proslide you may want to try one before you spend the 6 grand. IMO.. 12 acres just doesn't seem like enough to justify a Z. Especially if you're looking to downsize?

8. fivestarlawnken

The wear and tear is in the hands and knees. I also have over an acre at my house.This purchase is not etched in stone. It may even wait till next year not sure.If I do get a z-rider the downsize may wait a year or two.Just wondering where mower you guys would choose for the price given.

9. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

Just a couple of cents worth (and I've got hammered knees).

Ditto Clay on the ProSlide. THey're a lot smoother than a sulky or velkie.

I don't have any experience with a Z-rider yet. Best wishes to you FiveStar.

10. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at landpride ztrs their 100% hustler made and their in that price range.