pick up (trash) tongs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Beckham, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Beckham

Beckham LawnSite Member

I usually walk before I mow picking up bits a pieces that will make a mess if hit with the blade. I also wear small ear buds with ear muffs over them and radio in the cup holder. When I find a piece of debris I have to disconnect and get off to clear it out of my path. I want to get a set of tongs that I can reach and pick up that litter, bottle, small item etc. without getting disconnected and getting off. I have seen the real cheap ones but it seems they are too short and maybe a little flimsy. Anyone got any idea? I guess I'd rather not pay the amount for a professional set of snake tongs either. Got to be something in the middle or someone who is multi-tasking with something else.

2. sc0tt250

sc0tt250 LawnSite Member

3. GraZHopA

GraZHopA LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a link for some.

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

5. timberbrook

timberbrook LawnSite Member

The item scOtt250 mentioned is made by Unger. www.ungerglobal.com. I have used them before, they are made very well made and are easy to use. They also come in different lengths.

6. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a dottie picker upper from my dealer for like 36.00 and it is really long and I've gone though a ton of different brands and dottie is the best.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

We buy ours from lowes in the garden tool section. We carry a 5 gallon bucket between your feet and stick the trash stick in the bucket.....wouldn't do it any other way that I can think of.

8. SLMGT

SLMGT LawnSite Member

I understand listening to the radio but I would rather be able to hear any changes in engine sounds in case anything strange happens.

I have used tongs purchased at home depot with much success. This is one tool that I don't demand top quality of.

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Where is the site you can see this tool?

Been using this GG-40 for years with excellent results and zero problems.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  10. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Yup that's the one I use. I just get it with my dealer.
    Posted via Mobile Device