Pick-up Truck Cage cap?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mikefromny, Oct 20, 2007.

1. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

i saw some guy in my area with like almost a built up cage on his pickup truck where a cap would be , thats perfect for what i need rather than just using wood and building up the sides, but what the hell would you call that " cage cap" it went up pretty decent height it was nice definitely not "homemade" anyone know what its called or where i can purchase one ? let me know thanks
    -mike

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'm thinking he might've took a ladder rack and welded grates to it?

3. mikefromny

i dont know this definitly didnt look home-made

4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a grinder, a welder, and any welding knowledge at all. It wont look like homemade junk.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly. With some of the racks, cages, and other things that others have built on this site (myself included), good fabrication and quality work looks and performs as well, and in most cases better than mass produced models. take for instance the gate lifts that so many on here build. You can buy one for 200 bucks that makes lifting the gate a bit easier, or you can build one like ours for around 40, and be able to lift a heavy gate with one finger.

6. mikefromny

damn so nobody heard of this , i guess it was home-made