Pick up your mower easy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by broken leg, Dec 15, 2003.

1. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

When you see this picture you will see a crane for the back of a truck $99.00 at tool show comes to our town once a year. put metal post in ground put concrete around it and there it is pull Z up to it jack it up change blades and take baggier off to.

mowers 013.jpg

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We use an engine hoist, same concept except we can do it inside anywhere in the shop, works great. We spent the extra for convenience & bought an air powered ram for it .

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I use this to help change blades and flat front tires..............

stand&roller_0161.jpg

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If and when doing this,.... and I can't emphasize this enough......please, please, PLEASE put something underneat to hold the deck up, so there is something solid between the deck-edge and the ground, besides your head, to hold the deck up. :blob4:

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I just use the Toro installed EZ Stander....

7. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

When under the deck I slip a jack stand under just in case. As for the Toro jackstand it does not go up as fare so I can get my impack under. The jack stand coast over $300.00 this was $100.00and You can use it for other things.

8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I pull my machine up on ramps, and tip the whole thing back and lean it on the handle bar. The ramps are necessary because it won't balance on flat ground. But at about a 15 degree angle it balances perfectly. Then I can stand next to it and change the blades.

:D

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I run my scag 48 walkbehind up on ramps, and put a jack stand under the deck. This brings it nearly level.
    Crawdad

10. GrassBlaster

GrassBlaster LawnSite Member

I like the Gravely Lift Master attachment...it's about $100 and is hydraulic. It's good for job site repairs, etc....but I use a floor jack at the shop