Pick your location.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, May 11, 2001.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

If you could pick anywhere in the United States to operate a Lawn Care Company, what state would you pick based on weather conditions, types of grass, population, economy, etc. ?
    Would you pick a year round climate, or one which is seasonal?

Which state would it be, and what is your reason for picking that area?

2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Jodi, I think they have all chosen the area they're in! Apart from the belly-achers that live to whine, of course.

3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

I like the four seasons we get here in Alberta..another month or two for cutting would be nice,but, I definitely like the break winter brings.

4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I would setup camp in Nevada or New Mexico.. that way I would get lots of time off. :D

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I like the south but sure would love to live in the transition zone or a little further up. I want to cut some bluegrass and fescue for a while! Where ever the rain is I will go! That 24' enclosed might become a traveling road show. I think I'll tour the country and help all my fellow Lawnsiters out, one week at a time. Think I could pay the bills that way?:blob3: :alien: :angel:

6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I like it here in New Jersey, there's a good market here and we have a nice winter break. There's kinda an over population of landscapers here, I counted over 40 guys in the local yellow pages and I know about another 15 that arn't in the book, not to menchen all the scrubs but we got enough work and the prices arn't that bad but they could be better.

7. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

If your travels ever find you through these parts, I'll give you some yards to survive on, and fill your tank, but I sure hope your using a 4-cyl. to pull that 24' enclosed trailor!

8. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would goto Miami.I have a friend down there,he is full tilt all year round.

9. i would stay right where i am now. right by some real big money areas. granted cost of living is higher, however you can charge more and get away with it. yes there are tons of landscapers / tree guys / masons, etc. but if you find the right customers you have it made.

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I'd stay there too if I could land me a $300,000.00 contract!:angry: