Picked It Up Today

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by tshank, Apr 15, 2006.

1. tshank

tshank LawnSite Member

Super Z 60 w/30 Kohler. Only got to use it 'bout an hour, but it appears y'all did your homework on the deck. Very pleased with the cut.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool!
    Welcome to the family!!
    The new XR-7 is a awesome deck, post your experiences when you have a chance.

Pj

3. tshank

tshank LawnSite Member

Used most of the day today. All the worry about the flex-forks is for naught.
    Other than a better ride, don't know they are there. More impressed with the deck all the time, can finally sit on the front porch and not see stringers. I hate, loath, despise, stringers. I was afraid I was going to pine for my old black and stainless mower, it served me well. But i'm finding it's time to move on.

Thanks for all the hard work.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

PJ try the 30 hp Kohler on the XR-7 deck and give us a comparison between it and the 28 efi. The 28 efi I just got cuts with the new deck like it has 5 more hp than the 27 hp I ran on the old style deck. I have never measured but I am certain I could say there is a considerable difference
    in fuel economy between the 27 Kohler and the 28 efi Kohler. I am really amazed at the difference in power and response between the same engines with the only difference being the electronic fuel injection, this is why I would like to know what the difference feels like between the 30 hp Kohler and the 28 efi Kohler on the same size XR-7 decked mower.

5. tshank

tshank LawnSite Member

Mowed some nice fescue in the rain today. Better cut than old mower in dry conditions. 1 clump fell from under mower in approx. 2 acres. Flex forks performed well, scalloped across face of a hill, but 2 other brands I have had did the same thing. I think some of the prob. is the wheelbase increase.