Picked off a nice Tru Groin account today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SeedPro, Mar 25, 2010.

1. SeedPro

SeedPro LawnSite Bronze Member

Saw them out spraying Hort oil in a pouring all day rain on a ladys apple trees and the guy left and I went and spoke to the older lady....It's mine now, Thank you.

1000.00 dollar sale with T/S and Lawn. Their production goals are awesome sometimes.

Cha Ching!

:cool2:

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Spraying hort oil in the rain is just nuts. I feel sorry for the customer. Taking advantage of old folks (often on fixed income) is disgusting. Glad you went & showed her what they were doing to her, cuz that just ain't right...at all.

Hort oil = no freezing temps & no rain for at least 48 hours. Unless one follows a fruit production spray schedule (normally 10 or 12 sprays), it's usually cheaper to buy the apples at the grocery store.

Way to go SeedPro. :usflag:

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

nice wayt o look out for the customer, as really this is what you did first and fore most. congrats and good eye!

4. SeedPro

Thanks guys.

I have to admit being forced to do this in the past when I worked for them. You either put your conscience on hold when you work there or you can go look for another job and eventually I left and the way they treat customers was a big reason for it. I saw a need, and provide better service.

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Cool deal bud -- we only have one account where we spray for apple production. She has just over 100 apple trees (all in rows), but she has more money than she can count. Once we explain to homeowners the true cost involved, they realize it ain't worth spending hundreds of dollars compared to buying apples at the store. :waving:

6. SeedPro

Maybe we should both move to Jersey. Guy in another threads telling me he gets 400 an acre to fertilize a lawn.

lol

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, so what are you telling me...That working for yourself gives you the opportunity and ability to be caring, considerate, and actually perform the work properly?

8. SeedPro

I don't really understand the question but yes.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I was being sarcastic...in a good way. :)

10. SeedPro

Let me ask ya.....do you believe these guys when they say they get 300-400 an acre, joe?