1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Picked this up at a yard sale today

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by jfoxtrot9, May 3, 2013.

1. jfoxtrot9

jfoxtrot9 LawnSite Senior Member

Look what I found today driving past a yard sale. $100!

I have been wanting another one so when seeding in the fall, dont have to change materials all the time. Sweet deal.

[​IMG]

2. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet! I want that shiny red thing in the background though ;)

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Blade, keep your eyes on Turfco.......legend has it they very well may beat Toro/Exmark at their own game.

4. Joey waid

Joey waid LawnSite Member

That's a awesome find. I have been wanting one that size for a while now. I just can't seem to get the will power to spend 400.00 on one. I check Craig's list every day looking for a deal.

5. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

What size hopper is that? Great deal

6. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Most likely years down the road, once Toro/Exmark get the kinks worked out from the original LS design and improve on them. Turfco will have to come up with one great machine or copy them.

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

They are usually 80 pounds capacity--but you never want to put more than 50 pounds in them. My stainless steel Scotts/Andersons is for sale cheap. Retired. Click my name to see the pictures.

8. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I used to have one of the LESCO spreaders and I got the cooperate office to give me my money back after the local place refused. The agitator is a weak faulty design. It's also hell to dump that pig out to switch material. If you want to travel light and not kill yourself the Earthway 22SS/c22HDS is great. Why push around an extra 30 lbs. of bloated spreader all day.

9. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

We got about 12 of these things. They are a bit clunky but we wouldnt use anything else.