picked up a redmax 8001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SimonCX, Nov 8, 2007.

1. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up a redmax 8001 today and tried it out at my house and it is stronger then the stihl 600's. It is alittle bigger then the stihl but when I compared them together it isn't that much bigger the air filter makes it look bigger. It felt just as comfortable as the stihl and I didn't really feel the weight to be a issue. My dad also played around with it and also liked it, the weight didn't bother him. It is more powerful then the stihl blowing leaves but for regular lawn cutting it is overkill. I here alot of people saying it's heavy but I didn't think it felt any heavier then any other brand once it's on your back, maybe if you weigh 120 pounds then maybe it could be an issue. Tomorrow will be the test at a couple cleanups if it goes well I'll picking up another one for cleanups.

2. lawnboyoung

lawnboyoung LawnSite Member

sweet i want one

3. BOSCHERT LAWN CARE

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

congrats on the new blower. the 8001 is one bad booooy!

4. ha305

ha305 LawnSite Member

nothing is like the classic eb7001, but they stopped making it. So i think. and make the ebz7001 now, some emmisions crap.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

My 7001 is a little heavy but not heavy enough to put down and grab a rake instead. You can get some serious leaf work done with the big Red Max outfits.

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

This time of year my RedMax 8000 and 7001 are doing what they do best. Blow, blow, blow... Great machines.

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I'm all ready for a 9000.

8. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Robin just came out with a 4 cycle blower looks bigger and and badder than the 8001.:weightlifter:

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

This one???

Yellow%20backpack%20blower2302.jpg

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

The one my dealer had was red.....but it is the same as their trimmers....you have to add oil to the crankcase.....Im a Robin Fan but not really of the 4cycle stuff

wayne