Picked up my 42" Sport

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Specop_007, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Specop_007

Specop_007 LawnSite Member

Went with the Honda engine. I wanted a 48" deck but wasnt comfortable swinging that much. Throw in the fact I have some hills and the 42" is about 50 pounds lighter I figure it'll be a bit easier on the hydro's so I opted for a 42".

Man, that 42" with the Honda is a mowing machine. It just GOES. Couldnt be happier with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sweet ride!
    Welcome to the Hustler family!
    That is some tall stuff your cutting there.....

3. Specop_007

Yeah its gotten a bit out of hand. Nice to get it cut. One of the reasons I went with the upgraded engine, I wont lie I work the unit. I do go nice and slow though, I dont abuse it.

Really though the biggest hold up is the cut quality more than the engine. I could push through it faster but the cut quality goes to hell. Not unexpected though, its 2 foot tall! Once this initial whack down is done though it should be a smooth ride when I mow.

4. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice. Welcome to the family. You will not regret your purchase in any way. :drinkup:

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Just be careful cutting, the mower isnt made for stuff like that / that tall.

Pj

6. Specop_007

This will be the only time I'm running through stuff like this, and I take it real slow. I just need to get the initial whack done, then itll be just keeping it trimmed.

Does do a heck of a job on it though.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am just worried you will hit something you cant see in the tall stuff.