Picked up my Ferris 32" Hydrocut today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nova, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

It's a neat little machine, definately what I need and dispite what some may say, it's not at all difficult to steer.

I know they're faily new and probably not many have one of these machines, but for the few that do or would know, can I run doubles on this machine? Is there a mulch kit available somewhere?

Sorry, couldn't demo it since there's still no grass in sight yet! :angry:

ferris.jpg

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

No reason you couldn't run doubles on it like most any other machine.

As far as the mulch kit, did you ask the dealer?

I went to an open house at a Ferris dealer a few weeks ago and they didn't have one there to demo. They said they'd order one and call me. Still haven't heard from them.

Good luck. Post pics of it's work once you get cutting.

3. TurfTamer

TurfTamer LawnSite Member

I am looking at the 3000FZ zturn. I asked the dealer and he said no mulch kit is available through the manufacturer. I don't know if anyone out there has experimented with there own designs though?

Definitely post pics of the cut! I am curious as I will likely be buying a Ferris.

Danny

4. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Is a mulch kit and bagging kit available on that unit Nova?

Also what is the exact width? I keep getting different measures from the Ferris people and local dealers?

Nice machine, congratualtions!

5. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

I bought one about three weeks ago and you're right they're not difficult to steer at all. With a little practice you can turn it just like it was a dual drive. It's got a lot of engine for a small deck so it will probably run double fine. I haven't tried it yet though.
    The reason Ferris calls the overall width 37" is that the deflector sticks out because it doesn't fold all the way back because of the way the deck sticks up. With the deflector removed or trimmed the overall width is only 32 1/2"!

6. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

my dealer told me mulch kits were availbe for about everything. he did not have any in stock b/c most of there clients do not mulch. Call ferris direct. That is what i do most of the time and get the part number.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Good luck with it...Ferris makes a very reliable mower IMO. We've had over a dozen of them during the past 9 years (48" - 72") and are extremely pleased with their performance.

8. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations!!!!:blob2: :blob3: :blob4: :blob1: :) ...hope you enjoy it.

9. Nova

Nova LawnSite Member

Well I'm going to the dealer open house today, so I'll be sure to get some answers on the mulch kit/bag.

rodfather, Ferris is almost exclusive where I live, it's the most popular mower in Ontario I believe. I've personally been using them for 4 years now and I agree with everything you've ever said about Ferris. :)

LawnCrafters is right, I measured 32 1/2" exactly.

10. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Nova,

Let us know how that Ferris does in terms of cut quality and so forth when you have the chance to use it.

Thanks