Picked up my first hydro today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yz250fpilot, Feb 27, 2004.

1. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

I bought my mower the other day, but just went and picked it up today. Toro 36" Pistol Grip Hydro.

I drove it around today when I got home, and all I can say is....wow. This is a very fine machine.

It's replacing a 21" Toro that was used on gated yards. I think this is going to be one very productive year.

I love new toys! :)

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Nice way to start off the year!! Have fun making lots of money with it!!

3. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

You made the right decision on buying a hydro first. Most people, including myself bought a belt drive first, not realizing how much easier a hydro mower is to handle and is way more productive.

4. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your new purchase!

You should be more productive now. I have a belt drive Toro 36" and when the day comes to replace it, I'll get a hydro.

I ran all hydros when I was working for someone else, but the lower cost of the belt drive is why I started with it. I would take a hydro over a belt drive any day. Good luck with it!

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats man!!! Productivity = Profitability.....

6. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

I was actually going to go with a belt drive, but when the dealer gave me the price of $2599 for the hydro, I had no reason to buy the belt drive. It was a very good deal and too hard to pass up! I love the reverse...!

7. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll never forget the sense of pride I got after getting my first hydro, made me feel like I was on the right path. They look so different in your garage and not on the display floor. Have fun with it!!

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Ya and just wait till you smear dog crap all over it. Ha I about fliped my lid that day.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The first time that I bought a hydro, I promised myself that I would never go back to a belt

10. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Good well rounded purchase yz250fpilot. Even if you decide adding a bigger mower in the future, that 36" will always have a place in your mower fleet. Have fun with your new toy :)