Picked up my new Boss today.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ALarsh, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

They finished the install today. Looks great. I have a Sho-Me led mini light bar that is coming in later this week. New tires are going on as soon as I can get some time. payup at 17.

Enjoy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Alarsh,

I have to say. Ever since I joined this forum, I really didn't care for your "Attitude". But you know what. The more I think about it, If I think more like you, I will go far.

So whats your secret, As I'll be 17 in a little over one year, I'd love to have what you have.

I mean, If I do well enough this coming year, I'll buy a new truck, and possibly a new mower, But you, Seem to have it all under control with everything. I really envy you.

3. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Lookin' good. Don't go mudding with it on lol!

4. iowa

iowa LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW IA

Nice.

Too bad it is hardly going to snow in the midwest this year, I have a strong feeling about it too.

5. ALarsh

from Midwest

The most important thing is to do good work, not be the most expensive and advertise! If you can do those things, you will grow nicely. Be nice to everyone that talks to you about your business. It will help you.

For example, one of my parents friends in the neighborhood needed some help bringing in their patio equipment. I did it one night after finishing my normal work and told them not to worry about paying me. I did it as a favor. A couple weeks later they referred me to one of their friends interested in services. This is a $6,000 a year account with lawn mowing, fall clean up, shrub trimming and snow plowing. Do some favors every once in a while, most often you come out VERY far ahead.

Some of it is being focused on the business. The money and the equipment is nice but it can be stressful at times and your social life does suffer as a teenager. I have to spend many nights out working while some are having fun but I try my best to make time for the fun.:drinkup:

I have read you saying that you wanted to pay cash for a new truck... I kind of blew it off because I didn't want to get involved but that isn't always the smartest move (pay cash). I paid a large portion of the Chevy down but took out a partial loan of $6,000 to have some extra cash. If you can use loans wisely (invest it into equipment), you will come out much better.

Good Luck.

6. ALarsh

from Midwest

Exactly what i'm hoping for. 3/4 of my contracts are seasonal.

I'll try to stay out of the mud. :)

7. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good man!!!
    I should have pics of all my trucks dressed for winter hopefully in the next week or so:clapping:
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!
    You should do half seasonal, half by push just incase we have a lot of snow and you don't loose your shirt!
    James

8. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks, And good luck to you also.

9. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i really like those chevy trucks. how much the plow set u back if u don;t mind me asking. Nice plow and equipment.Take sum pics of the mowers got. How many accounts do u maintain? I really evny u too like stuffdeer said. You truly know what your doing good luck. LawnInOrder

10. ALarsh

from Midwest

The plow was $4150 installed w/ tax. Install was $400.

[​IMG]
    I won a 751 from powerequipmentwarehouse.com and need to order another back pack blower trailer mount. I am also getting another FS110 come spring.