Picked up my new Fastrak yesterday...

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by AndHeDrew, May 11, 2005.

1. AndHeDrew

AndHeDrew LawnSite Member

I tried to convince her that this thing was a NEED. But the machine that sat before my wife only strengthened her conviction that my (notice I didn't say OUR) newest purchase was really a means of either:
    A. Showing up my neighbors or B. Fulfilling a want for a new toy

And so she was even less happy than I expected about my new machine.

While my new Fastrak DOES do both of those things it is not for those reasons that I sold my year-old JD lawn tractor for a hefty loss in order to purchase it. The real reason I bought this machine (Fastrak 18/52 Honda) was to cut down on my mowing time. With my tractor it took me over 2 hours to mow my roughly 2 acres of grass. I expected to be able to cut out a chunk of that with my new Fastrak but was preparing myself for disappointment as I was not believing the hype generated on this forum. I am happy to say that my first time cutting my overgrown lawn (it grew for 2 weeks between before I was able to receive my new mower) took a total of 55 minutes! Very fast and cut through tall grass like butter. And it was a hell of a lot of fun. Which only upset my wife even more.

Spending nearly $5000 on a residential lawn mower hurts... but knowing what I know now I don't think I could ever go back to a lawn tractor. Its like comparing an 8-track to a compact disk. A black and white television to a plasma TV. A rotary-dial phone to a cell phone. You get the point. But then I'm sure I'm not telling anyone here anything they didn't already know.

Now, to convince my wife that I need a trailer (so I can haul my new Fastrak around), stripe kit, and maybe seat spring...

A suggestion to mowerconsultant... How about tossing in a hat and tshirt with each purchase? Help us to advertise your product! :)

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We leave that up to the dealers out there..... that would be a ton of shirts and hats!....lol...lol... :)

Pj

3. jutoyz

jutoyz LawnSite Member

That was the exact same reaction I got from my wife when I bought my Fastrak three years ago. But she was much more supportive when I traded it for a SuperMini Z last summer. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I did.

4. bcayes

bcayes LawnSite Member

The right wife would be fighting you for the keys so she could mow the lawn! I take that back, I'd rather she just enjoy the beautiful lawn and let me have the fun of driving the mower.