1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Picked up my new force...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BSDeality, Oct 3, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I couldn't work today since my big truck was in the shop, so i figured since I can't earn it, I might as well spend it.

Picked up my new 13hp Honda Force this afternoon. I put it next to my LW 10hp to compare size for some of you guys. This thing is big. It's stamped @ 160lbs (w/o fluids i think). With fluids I believe its 163lbs, which is 2 lbs more than the 10HP LW I have.

This should complete my Leaf arsenal for the fall.
    13hp Force,
    10HP LW
    Shind. EB8510 (tube)
    Echo 750 (tube)
    Gravely 260Z w/ JRCO Leaf Plow.

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

saw that exact same blower at the dealer about a week and half ago let us know how it works for you this season it really looks cool too
  3. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

You sure have quit the blowers there. You should be able to tackle any job in no time!

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep us posted how it blows,i am looking in to one billy goat makes top equipment.
  5. Wing 97

Wing 97 LawnSite Member
    from CT

I've always bought LW blowers but I did look hard at the force the other day. Looks like it has great potential but I can see myself finishing a clean-up near dark and fogetting to tie it down. Next day lots of orange peices on my trailor.
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I despise leaves with a passion after the first week. I'm hoping that bigger, badder and faster tools will get me through them as fast as possible.

I cleared a section of my lawn that was 75x90 in 5 passes. The leaves were wet and the lawn hasn't been cut in 6 days so they were in deep. Can't wait to use this bad boy on the big accounts I have.

I'm hoping to come up with a pipe that I can hook on to the end of this thing to get the air stream vertical, and then do the same thing with my LW to see how high it will hold a basket ball up in the air. I figure this would be a good test of output. I did that test with my Echo and Shindaiwa BP's today since they have flexible tubes. The shindaiwa kicked the echo's ass. I measured from the top of the tube to the top of the basketball 21.5" and the echo came in at only 17.5"

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Man thats cool.
  8. Wing 97

Wing 97 LawnSite Member
    from CT

What model Echo?
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Did they do away with the lever on the handle to change the air flow direction? If so that is too bad, that is the one feature I like about our Billygoat! The bigger rear tires is a good improvement, may make it a little easier to roll across grass.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

IS THAT PLASTIC?? my guys used to smash up the steel little wonders i can only imagine what they would do to something that is plastic.