picked up my new Gravely today - pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by watsmi57, Mar 25, 2011.

1. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

i think the hillside stability increases on the wb mowers as deck size(and engine and weight) goes up but i can't get a 48 in a back gate

2. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like the zero turn controls on the walk behind?? I have been thinking about purchasing a new walk behind, but i have not heard anything on the controls.

3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks real nice..one bad machine!

4. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

Putting the counterweights on the 36" made a big difference. Did the first oil change and a once over. Seems to be doing good. The twin cylinder makes a big difference over the single I had before.

5. fiftysid

fiftysid LawnSite Member

I got my Pro Turn 260 for 8000 out the door about 2 weeks ago here
    in North Carolina. I love it, so my friend went and got a 152 also.

6. watsmi57

wish i could tell you. i STILL do not have my WB. Estimated ship date was Apr 21st and it still hasn't shipped. :(

you do have 2 choices with the new Gravely WBs. pistol grip or pro steer. i got the pro steer.

fiftysid - that's a good price

gasracer - what did you use for counterweights and where did you get them?

7. gasracer

Gravely had a kit for it. They were plates that bolt together over the frame.15 pounds per side.

8. gasracer

I thought I would post some picks of my new chute blocker.Everything was going good till the instructions said to drill 2 holes in the side of the machine(gas tank is 1/2 in. from the plate) to mount the control handle. I decided that wasn't going to happen on mine. I used one of the mounting bolts for the plate that has the controls in it. I have the weight kit on it also.

P1010025.jpg

P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

9. watsmi57

gasracer that looks good. i didn't order a baffle for the 36 but after liking the one on my 252 so much i think i gotta have one. i don't like drilling holes in new machines either and don't blame you. much less that close to the gas tank. that is probably how i will mount mine as well. if i were u i would take that rubber chute off. it just seems in the way after putting the baffle on.

in other news. my WB finally shipped today. should have it by Friday. 75 days after i tried to order it originally.

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

XDZ is not the deck. XDZ stands for extra durable ztr. The XDZ comes with larger tires, bigger pumps and wheel motors, bigger blade clutch and the xfactor deck. You should have the xfactor deck on that machine. What size is it? I use stens blades on my 60"xfactor. Airens owns gravely and stens and the stens blades are a carbon copy of the oem blades but cost much less.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-HI-LIFT-BLADE...223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item254d337a47