Picked up my new Mini Z Friday

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by grass lover, Jun 15, 2003.

1. grass lover

grass lover LawnSite Member

Thanks to all for your advice and help. My local dealer finally got in another Mini Z Friday. Paid $6200 flat out the door and he threw in an extra set of high lift blades. Got it home Friday afternoon and played all day. Of course since I sold that POS Dixon two weeks ago, the yard was a bit high and I was lucky enough to mow it several times over the weekend.
    THE MINI Z IS AWSOME!!!! Couldn't be happier with it. The 23hp Kaw is a monster that just keeps asking for more. A few more questions for folks:

1) Tire pressure was at 25psi when I got home and man was that a stiff ride. Dropped them to 17, but still a little stiff. What do you run yours at?

2) How often do you sharpen your blades? Not getting into any rough terrain other than the occasional stick my lab drags out in the back.

3) Thinking about pulling a drum type core aerator. What type hitch do you recommend? Is a 48" drum too much for a ZTR?

Thanks again for your help!
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Cool !!
    Just goes to show, that a little research and a few competitive demos will help you make the best decision, and the Hustler was the best choice for you.
    You will be a very happy Hustler owner.

Your tire pressure should be down to about 12 psi, maybe lower if your conditions will warrant it.
    Blade sharpening is going to vary by region and your cutting conditions, I see guys sharpening there blades every 8 hours or daily for commercial use. I have also seen commercial guys sharpen them once a month.......
    I would take a look after you mow your lawn a few times and decide from there.
    Towing a 48" aerator is not a problem, just be careful in the turns, and any slopes you may encounter.

3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Super Mini Z I have has tire pressure at 8 lbs. The manual I have says 8 - 10 lbs.