1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Picked up my new Toro Z-597 DIESEL today!! :)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by keepoffthegrass, Apr 3, 2009.

1. keepoffthegrass

keepoffthegrass LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Picked up my new Z597 today.

27hp DIESEL:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:
    62" Rear discharge deck.. shes a monster and i cant wait to cut with it.
    She'll be cutting 65-70 acres of parks with a bit of help from her little sister in the back ground.

The last picture really shows the size diff between the z400 48" 19 kawi and the the new one.:weightlifter::canadaflag:

Z597 2.jpg

Z597 3.jpg
  2. sslopok

sslopok LawnSite Member

Wow that thing is a monster! Congrats on the sweet mower.
  3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

That thing is huge! Have fun with it this season and let us know how you like it!
  4. keepoffthegrass

keepoffthegrass LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I was offered the aerating for a few soccer fields and a couple of the parks i cut. I know this mower has the power to pull anything if i put a hitch on it but does anyone know if there is an effective tow behind aerator on the market... maybe with a ton of led or weight on it?
  5. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I don't own a tow behind aerator, but do rent and its on the purchase list. I'm not sure what brand the tow behind I normally rent is. But throw some weight on it and it'll work good. I'd go for the jobs if I were you.
  6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I think Bluebird and Ryan both make engine-driven pull behind aerators, as does Plugr. I would definitely go that route vs. a lightweight ground-driven aerator.

And that new mower is HUGE. I guess it's mostly for sport fields and parks? I can't imagine taking that on a residential lawn.
  7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

damn what's up with the wheels and tires on the 48" toro? Looks like they're a few sizes too small.
  8. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

thats crazy
  9. resurectionlawn

resurectionlawn LawnSite Member

PLUGr makes a good tow behind aerator

NEWGUYRI LawnSite Senior Member

That's a kubota diesel, right?