picked up my new trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Moto52, Feb 20, 2010.

1. overtime mp

overtime mp LawnSite Member

Not to hijack but. I have been thinkin of puting that bedliner down on my open trailer. Will that work on the wood? With it being open all the time.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Im sure it would work for a little while but I dont know how this stuff would hold up to the weather and being outside all the time. The roll on bedliner is perfect for enclosed trailers but its not near as thick or durable as linex which would be better suited for outdoors.

4. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know about applying it to the wood planks, but iv considered a coating for my open trailer! Nice truck and trailer, those wheels look awesome on the trailer!

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

ya you just roll it on and it should work regardless, just make sure you clean off the planks and that they are dry before applying.

for an extremely durable finish, i would do 3 coats with at least 4hrs dry time in between. just feel when its just a bit tacky and this will promote adhesion with the next coat. this should last you about 5yrs depending on usage before you would have to apply another coat.

my brother had used this on his trucks rocker panels, his backrack, his buddies truck's rocker panels and it works great.

6. Moto52

Moto52 LawnSite Member

Yea those rims were a 280 dollar option I like them to alot better then the normal stock white rim..

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very nice! another big enclosed with a ford pullin it!!