Picked up NEW ECHO PB-650 Today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Jul 17, 2001.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

WOW, What a machine! Seems like its double my previous LESCO/Echo backpacks output. Pipes are bigger. No more curved tip at the end of the pipe, just a straight 2 3/4" series of pipe extensions. Echo said that it wanted to push the tube backwards into the ground at full power with the curved tip. I was just out in my driveway playing push the brick around. I'll let everyone know how she holds up.

2. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought the new pb-603 about a month ago. I am very pleased with it and man will it blow.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

It is real nice, worked it a little today and it really saves time on the bigger parking lots/driveways. You just walk up the center and you can blow heavy clippings 20 feet to either side! Just now looking at the owners manual... it says: Maximum Air Speed (measured at pipe end) = 210mph, and Average Air Volume (measured at pipe end)= 640cf/m, and Maximum Air Volume (Measured at housing) = 1200cf/m. Pretty impressive for something thats on your back and doesn't weigh any more than my old one!

Dealer said to bring it back in a few weeks for them to adjust the carb settings, but....there aren't any! These are EPA Phase II emmission rated and the only screw on the carb is the idle speed. I don't think he knows that. Anyway, I was out the door for $449.95 which is $100 under suggested retail price.

4. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I have the PB-603 and I love it, but could any one tell me the differences between the PB-603 and the PB-650? Including CFM and MPH. I certainly prefer the bigger straight pipes much more than the smaller curved ones!

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Vibe,

I dont have the specs on yours handy, but they are listed in your owners manual or their website. On their website, you can compare all the blowers you want. http://www.echo-usa.com Other differences are an entirely larger inpeller housing and inlet structure, like I said, larger pipes, L frame, and a new location for the gas tank.