picked up the bad boy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by man of stihl, Mar 9, 2008.

1. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

as it says i picked up the bad boy yesterday from the dealer. this is my first ever ztr and technically my first new big equipment purchase. i bought my walkbehinds slightly used.

anyway its a little scary maybe cuz it is snowing and icy but oh well.

and for the record this bagger is a pain in the neck. i called yesterday so he could order me that hitch that i need

this may sound like a dumb question but i got a 2008 lightning with the 26hp kawi lc and the 52 inch deck. it doesnt have arm rests. is it supposed to come with these from the factory?

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

yes, it comes with arm rests.

3. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

It comes with the Michigan suspension seat with has armrests.
    Do you have the suspension seat or has someone did a bait and switch on you?

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The mower comes with standard equipment being a Michigan suspension seat that has arm rests. When you ask the dealer about this, come back and let us know what he says, we all would like to hear the interesting story.

You have purchased a very good mower and will enjoy it very much...

5. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I'm betting the armrests were damaged so the dealer pulled them. The armrests are optional from Michigan but standard from Bad Boy.

6. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh:Sounds to me like you bought it in Ponca City.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Sounds like something my ex-dealer would do.:laugh:

7. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

that isnt gonna happen. i just dropped almost 10 grand. im gettin my armrests. i will call him tomorrow and see whats up.

he has been real nice so far. i drove it off the trailer and into the garage but it did feel akward without the armrests

oh ya badboy apparently doesnt remove weld spatter because my front weight bracket mount wont fit flush against the mower.

i go to school for welding so things like that bother me i guess:dizzy:

nothing a little chisel and grinder couldnt fix

8. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Make sure to come back and tell us the story behind the armrests.

You are 100% correct, I would never leave weld spatter on anything I wanted to paint and look decent. I would make sure my employee's never let a piece of my equipment get away from the factory that way. You know yourself a good looking clean weld looks nice when painted. I don't want to pay that kind of money for something a monkey could weld and clean up better.

9. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a bunch of BS man. I would definitely raise hell about both issues. The arm rests and weld spatter. Let us know what happens!

10. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

$10,000---seems like a lot of cash for that machine. I thought BadBoy sold their price??? Maybe RetroDog or one of the other dealers can explain. I have not looked at these machines, but I thought someone was saying $6500-$7500 for this type?? Thanks