Picket line crossing

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

anyone here ever done it?

would you?
    why?

would you not?
    why?

lets hear it..

If it was me i would not cross one ever.
    bottom line.

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Can you elaborate, what are the circumstances?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

My buddy landed a huge irrigation fish of an account around me..

prob 10 K a year..

but for the moment he has to cross a line to do it..
    he does it.

i think the money aint worth it.

4. I'd cross a picket line in a heartbeat.

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Which state is this huge irrigation fish of an account out of?
    easy-lift guy

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

tax a chusetts.

7. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Yep that says it all right there! Of course I would cross but than again I am from a right to work state where people willing to work don't have to cater to other folks trying to secure a brown body.
    easy-lift guy

8. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Personally, I have no problem crossing a line. I think picketing the company or industry who pays your paycheck and puts food on your table is stupid. The saying comes to mind, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." We live in a free country, If you don't like your job, your pay, benefits, or your working conditions, go find another employer. If you still can't get the pay you think you deserve then.. your expectations are too high for the current market value of your skills/services and you should adjust your expectations or go find another skillset or industry. I also think labor unions once had their place in society, however these days I feel they're completely unnecessary and place a heavy burden on employers. Over the years, they've gotten out of hand and way too greedy.

Obviously my opinion has been formed based on my upbringing in the south and not really exposed to labor unions. My girlfriend's father is a former union guy who grew up in Rhode Island and it's interesting the polar opposites of our views on labor unions. My father has dealt with unions working in management of two major snack/food companies the last 30 years. I'm currently dealing with the ridiculous antics of the CWA at my normal 9-5 job and have been for almost a year now. Ugh...don't get me started. Let's just say their picketing cost me a lot of time and headache over the last year.

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

and you would refuse to sell products to union workers also? :rolleyes:

10. they were having labor problems and no line up yet, but the company had brought in storm troopers that were pretty intimidating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.