Picking a 32" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mtnmvr, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Mtnmvr

Mtnmvr LawnSite Member

First off I have been a lurker on the site for about a year now, thanks to everyone for their advice on many of the same questions I have asked. I mow 8 -10 1/4 acre properties with 36" gated backyards. All properties have level yards. I am currently looking for a 32" walk behind mower. They all seem to be close in price. I have narrowed my search down to:
    Toro: 15 hp Kawaski, Gear drive, T-bar controls, 13x5-6 tires
    Exmark 15 hp Kawaski, Single Belt drive?, ECS Controls, 13x5-6 tires
    Quick 32 Ninja: 15 hp Kawaski, Hydrostatic drive, 16x6.50-8 tires

My question is will any of these mowers pull a 180 operator with a sulky?
    Or are these mowers meant to be true walk behind mowers?

Thanks
    Brian

2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

well your choices really are only between 2 since the toro, metro are basically the same. The difference is ecs and tbar witch I believe is easier to use.
    So now you have to decide between quick and toro/metro. I had that toro for 6 years not a problem with it at all. I would take a close look at quick tho.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Toro identical to the one you have listed. I really like it.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

They will pull you on a sulky just fine. I weigh 225, and my 32 easily pulls me.

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Look into the Quick ..Its plenty powerful enough to pull you around and it will save you $$$$

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

My Toro wb refuses to die....it just keeps on going. Its about 6 yrs old and gets used all year including mulching leaves...I think youd be happy with a Toro.

7. jdogg399

jdogg399 LawnSite Member

I got a 12.5 hp exmark 36 metro for 1600 in ohio for sale around 200 hrs on it.

8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

FWIW, the Quickie 32 Ninja at 326 lbs is 75 and 85 lbs lighter than the Toro and Exmark 32 belt/gear drives respectively =~20% lighter & running on larger/wider tires.

9. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i had the same problem last year. i ended up with a toro t-bar 36" with sulky. found the t-bar is hard to use. we don't use it enough to get used to it. were thinking of getting a world lawn mower with pistol grips so if you want my toro paid $3200 for it will let it go for 2400 and will deliver it to you.

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I prefer the Exmark Metro myself. I don't use a sulky because when I bought the mower my dealer advised against it . Plus I only use it in smaller backyards, so its not that big of a deal.