Picking up 32" stander tommorow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bntt68, May 26, 2005.

1. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Wish me luck? I will post results as soon as possible!!!

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you bother?? Anything that small should be belt drive w/b only IMHO.

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

You Crazy Kids and Your Belt Drive 32"'s...The Smaller the Unit the More You're Going to Be Turning and Backing it Up...The More You Need Hydro.

Good Going on the Stander...Just Take some Bags of Dirt along to Fill in the Ruts.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool man! Please post your opinion on this machine as I'd really like to hear first hand knowledge about it's performance..

Keep us informed :cool2:

5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Just because you tear up s*** with everything you drive don't mean every one does .

6. jim_g

jim_g LawnSite Member

BNTT68,

You'll love your Stander. Wouldn't be without mine.

The deck does sound a bit small. Is there a particular need for it?

I have a 52" and I get jammed at times on smaller lawns. I end up rolling out a 21" for some parts or trim more, but it doesn't happen very often. I tend to focus on medium to large area lawns though.

Whatever your reasons - enjoy it. They're nearly bulletproof and just want to make money for you.

7. mkirby

mkirby LawnSite Member

I have a JD stander - no rutting

8. Cleanmaxx Brian

Cleanmaxx Brian LawnSite Member

I have come to one conclusion...and that is Fairway is a sarcastic piece of sh*t!

Congrats bntt68! Can't wait to see some pics! A smaller machine can be just the ticket in some places! Good luck with it :cool2:

9. davis4004

davis4004 LawnSite Member

Agreed! Congrats on the new purchase

10. amlawn

amlawn LawnSite Member

no rutting on the stander? I have a exmark 32" w/sulky and i sure wish the tires were a little wider... of course then it wouldn't be 32" either. the narrow but tall tires rut or "imprint" more than my buddies 36" w/wider tires. be interested to hear all you got on your new stander bntt68. jim