Picking up and dropping off

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Kut Kreator, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Kut Kreator

Kut Kreator LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys pick up your employees and drop them back off at the end of the day? Here's my spill tell me is it resonable or not. From my house it is about 18 miles or 30 minutes to where I pick my workers from, only because there's no bus line that runs near my house nor does my employees have their own transportation. Now I pay my guys ten dollars an hour from the first yard till we stop at the end of the day. Last week I made mention to one of my employees about gas money and he tend to be quite upset. But mind you when we finished working we were on my side of town and I had to pay him plus drive him back to another side of town not to mention picking my daughter up from after school. Now who's being used here? Just want to vent to someone who can relate.:dizzy:
  2. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

I can relate but it wasnt that extreme for me it was only 7 miles ten mins. He didnt have his license but he was a good worker. Learned every thing very quick. He did eventually get his license though. Maybe you could help them with getting transportation.
  3. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been their too. The guy I had lived about 10 mins away so it was not so bad. But he is a good employee I knew he was going to show up in the am. After he was with me for a year I made him a supervisor for a mow crew and gave him a company truck to drive. It works out for me because I do snow plowing in the winter and need my supervisors to be on call. That truck has never been so clean in all the time I've had it. He washes and waxes it on his own time. Plus he puts fuel in it when he's using it for his own personal use.