1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

picking up leaves in the fall using ztr's bagging system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cannondale23, Sep 4, 2007.

1. cannondale23

cannondale23 LawnSite Member

I have heard a lot of good things about the bagging system that comes with the 07 tiger cub, does anyone use the JD 717a bagging system in a commercial capacity to pick up leaves in the fall. thanks
  2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

The 19 horse Kaw. on your 717 will not have enought power to run the system good. It really sucks the power.
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

nothing against deere, i think theyre great machines.. but ive heard this a lot with many machines. I have a 48" 21hp Ferris that i really wanted a collection system on for almost 2grand though. It drives off a nice pulley system off the outer most blade, blows vertically up the shoot, the drawbacks..

in any heavier collection, its known to bog down, AND the biggest gripe i had, was that it ADDED 9" in width to my 48" deck, overall making it just as wide as my 61" deck machine so it would be useless for any smaller lawns anyway.

In the future id probably buy a collection kit for a 72" zero turn machine to grab some extra profits for bagging 1-2 acre lawns as long as the kit can disable easily and convert back to broadcasting.

My 61" deck ferris has a 27hp kohler, ive known a guy that said with the mulching baffles installed-"chops up grass finer" and the bagger vac system, his 25hp kaw model strains often, just my opinion, you need some big power to power those things, thats why companies like trac vac have 5-8hp briggs motors powering JUST the turbine, id say its probably 5hp drain or more on the ztr for the systems.
  4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

i forget trac vacs website, but they have a neat pto driven wagon system that collects 47 bushel or cu ft or something, i plan to get one this or next season for my 60" deck 27hp diesel simplicity garden tractor i use the loader on most of the season.