Picking Up Leaves

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by SDNCLAWNCARE, Apr 3, 2007.

1. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

What is the easiet way to pick up leaves on a yard clean-up? Garbage cans, Plastic bags, Tarps, Wheelbarrels, etc? Help Guys

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used large strong trash bags, but this year I have a couple big tarps and clean from beds, etc in lawn the use the lazer and ultra vac to mulch and pick em up, then empty into tarp on trailer...

3. SDNCLAWNCARE

SDNCLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Thanks for the INFO...

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Your best bet is going to be a tarp, thats what we used until we upgraded and now use none of the above.

5. BW Landscaping

BW Landscaping LawnSite Member

what kindof tarp?? the one i used always tears

6. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Plenty of ways to get it done. Tarps are a pain if you are solo.

If the lawn is covered, I will vaccum them up with my 21 inch.

For spring clean ups, I will start at one end of the yard (let the wind be thy friend!) and push it as far as I can with the blower, in a straight line whenever possible. Everything behind ya oughta be clean. I cannot stand a hundred little piles to collect. When the line of leaves gets too big to push, I will stop and either load them on a tarp or rake them into a can.

Some people mulch it all up first. This is a good idea if space is limited, but it adds time and labor, imo.

The most important thing I can tell you is to let yourself give up on something that isn't working. Figure out how you can do it with the most efficency from yard to yard.

(And from what I have seen, tarps are disposable. They will tear. You just have to be prepared for it.)

7. danielmorvant

danielmorvant LawnSite Member

cyclone rake is the best thing ive bought ive used it two winters now and still im amazed at the work this machine does

8. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

what did brand mower di you hook the cylcone trake up to ? I am trying to get mine hookd up with a scag turftiger and have a lot of questons I am having to use the MDA with mine and witht he plate that they sent my mda will stick below the bottom of the mower deck about 1.75 inches , Thanks

9. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

in fall i use tarps. i spring use 55 gal trash can

10. danielmorvant

danielmorvant LawnSite Member

i use a kubota 48 inch cut and cyclone sent me the universal boot i had to cut opening to fit. did they ask height and width of youre shute when you ordered. also you can shim top plate if u have to.