Picking up my new 31hp 60" XS Wed.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhenegar, Feb 20, 2006.

1. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

I haven't even drove one of these units yet, and was wondering if anyone had anything to say about them? Right now I have been running 52" 22hp full size Lazer's and hope to feel the big increase in horsepower! I got this XS for a price of 9800.00 and my dealer gave me 2500.00 for a 99 Lazer with 2000 hrs on it. Did I get a good deal? Thanks!

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Seems like you got a good deal on the trade in, with that many hours and the year, and just the fact that its a trade in, seems pretty good IMO.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

You will LOVE the XS. I've used one since July of '05 and the power is awesome. :weightlifter:

You will be amazed at what you can cut through and at the speed you can do it at, while still providing an excellent cut, incredible.

4. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

I bought one towards the end of 05, I loved it, the little bit that I got to use it. Looking foreward to this year. However, here's the part where I make your feel bad hurt. I gave $8200 for mine new, financing puts it up to 8700. Sorry. Shanks Equip. treats me REALLY GOOD.

5. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

JBird Is that price for an 06 model if so that is awsome! Has anyone played with the baffle adj. on the new triton decks? I'm excited about it, but it will be late March before we get any growth to test on.

6. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

that was the 05 in August of 05, I still believe it's a great deal.

7. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Jbird, does that have the new Triton deck on it?

8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

The 06' lazers cost more anyway...9800 is a good deal considering thats what a standard Lazer with 27hp costs. I bought one in 04' and the price on that was $8200

9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Prices as of early summer 05:
    Lazer Z 60" UltraCut deck with 27hp air cooled carbureted Kohler engine- $8049
    Lazer Z 60" UltraCut deck with 27hp liquid cooled Kawasaki engine- 8999

Prices at Smith Implements in Greensburg, Indiana.
    I used a friends XS 72" sweet machine! Wasn't using it in really tall thick growth but where I was using it was kinda streaking some and stringers all over, partially due to the grass type and we were trying to cut it high and the grass was limp since it was in the middle of a drought..... A couple companies around here have the 72's and they do do a nice job though. I think the Tim Allen in me would want a diesel on a 72" :cool2: