Picking up new work, for 2008

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B & A Lawn Care, Nov 13, 2007.

1. B & A Lawn Care

B & A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Well since after this weekend of cutting B & A Lawn Care will be finished for our first year of cutting and landscaping. We are now looking at how we can grow for next year. We have a costumer who has expressed interest in us cutting her 8 apartment complexes for next year which we are excited about. We also have some connections on the commerical side of things to hopefully allow us to pick up more residential work. Tommorrow once i get home from college i am going to make some phone calls to real estate agents and some business owners in hope of picking up more lawns. Hopefully we can get lucky. How are you guys getting more work besides advertising? We also recently created a website.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

seems like I keep getting new customers this late in the season too.

Have picked up 4 last week.

No new advertisements, and nothing new planed

3. Green1Keeper

Green1Keeper LawnSite Member

I have been making cold calls. Getting a few hits for bids but not much. I need to find another way. It would be nice to pick up 15 to 20 over the winter.

4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

be careful with those cold calls, they may be on the do not call list. Not sure if it applies to a small business like ours, but I heard the fine is stiff is the report ya.

5. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to gain commercial accounts try going from buisness to buisness. Most of the time they will have you give them a bid to consider. This also gives them a face to put with the name. Its much better than phone calls. Make sure to dress nicely too for that professional appearance.Try to concentrate on on certain neighborhoods that way the accounts you do get will be close together. GOOD LUCK!

6. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

what year r u in college?

7. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

If you were in my area you would be a little on the late side of approaching the bigger accounts for 08'. I would spend all day on the phone if I were you. Cold call, door to door, and use all the connections you have. I get all my answers by the end of Nov.

8. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

what are cold calls

9. Green1Keeper

Green1Keeper LawnSite Member

You make calls to drum up business.

10. B & A Lawn Care

B & A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I am a freshman